INTEL EDUCATION STUDY PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated 05/15/15
Intel Corporation and its group companies ("Intel", "we", "us" and "our") respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes our privacy practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your information through the Intel web site, our software and other products, online services, apps, and other services we provide both online and offline (collectively referred to as “Intel Services”), along with our marketing and advertising practices.
This Privacy Notice generally applies to all users of the Intel Service or Intel Application who are age 13 or older. If you allow your child between ages 13-17 to use your account, we will collect, use, and disclose his or her information in the same manner as we collect, use, and disclose information from you, as described in this Privacy Notice, and you expressly agree to such processing on behalf of your child. Children under age 13 who do not access the Intel Service or Intel Application through services provided by their schools are not permitted to use the Intel Service or Intel Application.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you use the Intel Service.
Information You Provide to Us. We and our service providers receive and store any information you provide to us:
- We collect personal information from you when you create an account, such as your birth date, first and last name, and e-mail address. If you permit your child aged 13-17 to use your account, we may also collect the birth date of your child.
- We collect your credit card or other payment account billing information when you purchase digital content, such as your first and last name, billing address, credit card number, security code, and expiration date.
- We collect any information that you include in your user content, such as annotations and notes.
- If you contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail.
Information We Collect Through Technology. We and our service providers also collect and store the following information about you automatically:
- We collect information related to your use of the Intel Services and your digital content, such as your touch gestures, highlights, bookmarks, page views, and other applications you may use with the Intel Services. The Intel Service provides information to us about its status, such as uptime, available memory, and errors that may have occurred.
- Our servers collect information related to your use of the Intel Service, such as what web browser and operating systems you are currently using, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the domain name you originated from, and a date and time stamp for your visit.
- We may use “web beacons” to gather information about your visit to the Intel Service, such as what you click on and pages and information you viewed. Web beacons are tiny, invisible graphics with a unique identifier that we place on our web pages.
- Our advertisers and partners may also use similar technologies as the ones described above, and they may collect information about your use of third-party websites and services. We do not control use of such technologies used by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Google Analytics. We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics, including how to opt out of it: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html, http://www.google.com/privacy.html, and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html.
KISSmetrics. We currently use KISSmetrics. KISSmetrics provides certain services to Intel in connection with Intel’s operation of the Intel Service, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to this site. Please see the following links for more information about KISSmetrics: https://www.kissmetrics.com/terms and https://www.kissmetrics.com/privacy.
How We Use Your Information. We and our service providers use your personal information to:
- create your account and identify you on our system;
- provide you with, operate, and improve the Intel Services;
- respond to your requests, comments and questions and provide you with customer service;
- provide you with contextual advertisements on the Intel Services and perform market research;
- otherwise support the internal operations of Intel, the Intel Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications; and
- send you e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you, such as new features and services, special offers, and updated information, and for other marketing purposes for us or other companies (“Newsletters”).
How We Share Your Information. We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- with our third party service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Intel Services and who are not permitted by us to use or disclose personal information for any other purpose;
- with our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, or any companies that acquire all or any portion of our company, assets or stock (including through bankruptcy or similar proceedings). These companies will possess the personal information collected by us and will only use and share your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice; however, they will not use or share your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
- if we have a good faith belief that our use or disclosure of your personal information is necessary or appropriate to: (i) protect the security or integrity of the Intel Services, our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (ii) take precautions against our liability; (iii) respond to judicial process; (iv) to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety, including to agencies or authorities outside of your country of residence; (v) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (vi) enforce our terms and conditions.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information. We may use and share aggregated or de- identified information for any purpose and in any manner. This anonymous data we share may include non-personally identifiable data that we create using your personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
Your Control of the Use of Your Personal Information. We may periodically send you free Newsletters (as described above) and email notifications of special offers. When you receive Newsletters from us, you may “opt-out” of these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may manage email notifications through Account Settings. Despite your indicated email preferences, we may send you notices of any updates to our Privacy Notice, Terms of Service, EULA, or other administrative emails.
Changes to Your Information. You may change certain of your personal information by editing your profile through your account or by sending us an e-mail or postal mail at the address below.
Security. Intel takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Intel cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to this Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the “Revised” date above.
Contacting Us.If you have questions or concerns about Intel’s privacy practices, you can contact us by using the Contact Us form or send a letter to the postal address listed below. Please include your contact information, name of the Intel web site or service, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
M/S RNB 4-145
2200 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA